Family owned and operated since 1990. Our mission is to provide Vibrant, Safe, and memorable outdoor experiences.
Through our professional services and facilities, we make it simple for families and friends to Shoot the ‘Hooch, relax, and enjoy being outside together. Our adventures showcase the beauty of the Southern Appalachian outdoors within the storybook charm of ‘Georgia’s Alpine Village.’
HOW IT WORKS:
- Purchase your tickets at one of our three locations — Chattahoochee Outpost, Headwaters Outpost, or Mainstreet Booth. Choose between our one hour, two hour, and all-day tubing options. Decide if you want to hit the waterslides as well. Unless you have a group of 30+, no need for reservations.
- Once you've signed in, change into your river attire and lock all valuables away. Leave your keys and ID with us or rent a locker for $3. (Lockers are only available at Chattahoochee Outpost). Get your tube, life-jacket, and straps.
- How this works depends on where you buy your ticket. Every tubing adventure either begins or ends with a journey up-river in one of our famous blue and white buses. (If you buy your tickets at Mainstreet Booth, you'll catch a bus at the beginning and at the end).
- If you purchased waterslide bracelets, get out half-way down to do the slide. Members of our staff help you exit the river at Chattahoochee Outpost, where all Cool River tubers end their trip. Dry off, warm up, and see your photos upstairs!
WE RECOMMEND YOU:
- A push stick helps you keep off rocks and away from the banks. We sell push sticks for $5. You're welcome to bring your own, but people often like that ours double as souvenirs.
- There can be fish-hooks, sharp rocks, and glass in the river bed. Shoes with backs are best; flip-flops are not allowed because they tend to wander away. We sell watershoes for $10.
- You will get wet and things are extremely easy to lose in the river. You can either lock your things in your car and leave your ID and keys with us (a free service) or you can rent a locker for $3.
- We have (and the City of Helen has) a strict limit on disposables in the river. One disposable bottle of water per person is allowed. However, we highly recommend you avoid all single-use plastic and bring your reusable bottle instead. If you do not have a reusable bottle, we have options for sale.
The last point is important: OUtdoor Recreators play a role in protecting and advocating for Clean water.
Every week of every summer, Cool River staff gathers trash from Helen's strip of river and its banks. Trash is left by picnickers, campers, fishermen, and kayakers. To our dismay, some tubers still leave trash. Please don't be part of this problem! Don't bring disposables to the river.
We hope your float inspires you to join us in broader efforts to protect waters for all.
Our history: We are a small, family-owned and operated recreation company. Although working in recreation for almost 30 years, our family has homestead farmed just north of Helen for many generations. We’ve seen a lot of change in Helen — from all-Appalachia days to the Alpine tourist destination it is today. At Cool River and in our individual lives, we strive to continue to contribute positively to the town, to visitors’ experiences, and to the surrounding area.